Friday, March 26, 2010

night thoughts...

SoOooo where did all the warm weather go? Its freezing! all well! right? nothing beats getting under the covers and letting it all go....are you like me? I mean, when you lay down for the night does your mind not 'go out' for some reason? Mine doesn't! it drifts and drifts on...Let me see...I think about the past a lot and how I could have reacted differently. I think about where I'm at right now...and the concerns of here and now (which sometimes stresses me out) and I think about the future. honestly, I would have to say that about 60% is the future 20:% the present and 20% the past...weird mix huh? I think its definitely a break in the routine...I'd have to say that about a few months ago...it was more like 90% my past, 10% the present and 10% the future...something changed...don't know what...but I'm sure I'll get to the bottom of it!

So my basic routine is definitely reading before I go to bed...I've been on a WWII kick for the past two months and I found a book while I had a layover in Ireland a few months back...its called The war of the world 'history's age of hatred'  By Mr. Niall Ferguson [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niall_Ferguson] Its pretty descriptive too...and I love how it's written...but I think he's a bit slanted....politically...(you didn't hear it from me) and obviously he us against war but his theme/message about 'man's inhumanity to man' is very provocative, profound and thought provoking...I might have to take a look at his other stuff when I have time and/or money....

My eyes burn...more to come

No comments:

Post a Comment